1 Week Before Scheduled Surgery Date
- Be sure to have your prescription filled prior to your procedure. If you did not receive your prescription you can contact our office so that it can be called into your local pharmacy.
- Discontinue consuming any alcoholic beverages 1-week prior to your procedure.
- Confirm you have your postoperative appointments scheduled with our office.
The Day of Procedure
- On the day of surgery, it is best to wear comfortable clothing. Wear something that buttons or zips so that it does not need to be pulled over the head. Women, we ask that you do not wear makeup or jewelry.
- If you choose to be given any medications or sedation on the day of your procedure you will be unable to drive yourself home. We ask that you arrange a ride ahead of time.
- If you do not have a driver and choose to stay at a hotel nearby, our patients receive special discounts at certain hotels. We can provide that information to you if you feel that a stay in our area would best suit your needs.
- After your procedure a compression head wrap will be applied. This head wrap should be worn 3 days continuously. You may remove the head wrap while you shower and wash your hair and face. After 3 days the head wrap must be worn while sleeping for 6 weeks. Compliance with this step will assure that you achieve the best possible results from your procedure.
- After the procedure the treated area will be tender and the skin may feel tight. Discomfort can usually be managed quite well with your pain medications or extra strength tylenol. Please wait at least 2 weeks before resuming any strenuous exercise.
- No heavy lifting, bending, or straining for at least one week following your surgery. Please wait at least 2 weeks before resuming any strenuous exercise. Sleep on your back with head elevated for 6 weeks.
- Limit sun-exposure, always wear sunscreen, and absolutely no smoking.
If you have any significant discomfort, see any signs of infection (redness, pain, extreme discharge, swelling, or fever) or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to call our office at 919-676-5052.