- No sunscreen OR makeup for 12 hours following treatment.
- Wash the face a few hours after treatment or before bed time. Use gentle cleanser. Gently massage the face with tepid water (a shower can provide an easier ability to massage the face while washing at the same time), and remove all serum and dried blood.
- 12-72 hours post-treatment mineral makeup can be applied, but continue to use physical sunblock with an SPF of 25 or higher. If a more aggressive treatment was performed you should use a more occlusive balm such as Aquaphor.
- After 48 to 72 hours following treatment you may return to regular skin care regimen. Retinol products are strongly suggested to use for optimal results.
- Avoid alcohol-based toners for 10-14 days as well as excessive sun exposure for 10 days.*
What To Avoid
To ensure the proper healing environment, be certain to observe the following:
- For at least 2 hours post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions.